Debaryomyces is a genus of yeast . The non-pathogenic species D. hansenii is commonly found in cheese, and is an osmotolerant, halotolerant, and xerotolerant (tolerant high amounts of salt and sugar, and low amounts of water) . In cheese, strains of D. hansenii produces nutty/malty flavors in the form of aldehydes (2-Methylpropanal and 3-Methylbutanal) . D. hansenii is also found in sake moto, edomiso, rennet, psoriasis, and salmon 
Additional Articles on MTF Wiki
- Hello My Name is Debaryomyces hansenii - Eureka Brewing Blog.
- Conversation on MTF started by Ingo Janssen.
- Wikipedia. Debaryomyces. Retrieved 09/03/2015.
- Wikipedia. Debaryomyces hansenii. Retrieved 09/03/2015.
- Debaryomyces hansenii strains differ in their production of flavor compounds in a cheese-surface model. Klaus Gori, Louise Marie Sørensen, Mikael Agerlin Petersen, Lene Jespersen, and Nils Arneborg. Blackwell Publishing Ltd. June 2012.
- Hello My name Is Debaryomyces hansenii. Eureka Brewing Blog. Samuel Aeschlimann. Retrieved 09/03/2015.