Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC), is an industrial container designed for bulk storage of liquids. These bulk containers come in polyethylene plastic and stainless steel. Intermediate Bulk Containers can be used for fermentation and are rentable and relatively affordable to buy.
Steel IBC Totes
- Custom Metalcraft. (Reported to have a better designed manway than Hoover .)
- Hoover Container Solutions (rentals).
- Schier Company Inc.
- The Cary Company (steel and plastic).
Plastic IBC Totes
- Durastar Schutz.
- United States Plastic Corp.
- Lexington Container Company.
- Flextank. (Higher end, better oxygen control. Reported by Ehren Schmidt to be able to age beer for longer periods of time. )
Adapters and Lids
- Tri clover clamp adapters for various IBC tote fits.
- MTF thread on finding the right adapter.
- IBC lid with threaded opening for a blow off. For an example implementation, see this MTF thread by Benedikt Koch.
- Various cleaning and CIP tips.
- Debate over the different qualities of different IBC tote types and using them for aging beer on fruit.
- Various tips on suppliers, fittings, usage, etc.
- IBC Tote usage tips from Jeff Porn.
- Removing fruit tips from Brandon Jones.
- Gravity feeding with a flexible hose option discussion.
- Stainless steel IBC Totes tips from James Howat.
- Raymond Wagner maxes fruit in a plastic IBC Tote.
- Stacking IBC Totes discussion.
- Tips on pressurizing and using fruit.
- Tri clover adapter tips.
- Discussion on doing primary fermentation in an IBC Tote.
Similar to IBC totes.
- Chase Healey on MTF. Discussing better manway options for IBC Totes. 08/29/2017.
- Ehren Schmidt. Milk The Funk Facebook group (link unavailable). Flextank info. 07/26/2017.