Eccentric Beekeeper Bulldog
The Eccentric Beekeeper Bulldog is a homemade bulldog for racking beer out of barrels using CO2 pressure. See this page for other barrel racking canes.
An inside view shows the simple "works" within the triclover fitting, liquid inside the wand and gas outside the wand. The standard stainless steel compression rings/sleeves in the bore-through compression fitting have been replaced with silicone o-rings which seal with minimal tightening on the nut and never attach to the tubing permanently. These replacement o-rings allow the racking wand to slide up and down through the compression fitting while maintaining the seal.
- Stainless Steel Racking Cane, 3/8" OD x 30" Long (people have reported that some other 3/8" racking canes are too wide for the fittings; see this thread)
- Control Devices CR Series Brass Pressure Relief Valve, 0-100 psi Adjustable Pressure Range, 1/4" Male NPT
- 2x Stainless Steel Pipe Fitting, Reducing Bushing, 1/2" NPT Male X 1/4" Female (one for the PRV and one for the corny post adapter)
- Cornelius-Type Gas Side Plug, P53 - This no longer includes the needed Universal Poppets (our item L92) or Ball Lock O Rings (item D12). You will need one L92 and one D12 in addition to this post to complete your male in gas fitting.
- 2x 2" Tri Clover Compatible X 1/2" Male NPT, TC20M12 (one for the cross and one for the bung; a barbed adapter might be easier to slide the bung onto).
Additional Articles on MTF Wiki
- Q&A on MTF with Eccentric Beekeeper about this build.
- Similar rig for sanke kegs from Brewers Hardware.