Style Guidelines and Competitions
MTF discussions on BJCP and BA guidelines and competitions in how they relate to alternative and mixed fermentation beers.
- Discussion on poor BJCP judging, lack of judging education, and guideline inadequacies, and what to do about it. 08/07/2017.
- Athens Homebrew Club looking to run a mixed fermentation competition. 07/28/2017.
- An idea to pay judges to judge and give high quality feedback on mixed fermentation beers. 07/19/2017.
- Discussion about Walk On The Wild Side homebrew competition.
- Thread on running our own competition (didn't happen). 03/20/2016.
- Discussing having a separate BJCP certification for sour beer. 03/09/2015.
- MTF Live with Gordon Strong of the BJCP, Sandy Cockerham of the BJCP, Em Sauter of Pints and Panels, and Brandon Plyler of Edmund's Oast, where we discuss changes to the 2015 BJCP Guidelines for sour beer styles.